• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lump on my neck has me worried

Cheechy

Bluelighter
I have a lump on the right side of my neck. It's hard, and underneath the skin. Dime sized, but you can see it in the mirror. I just noticed this now, and originally thought it was a swollen gland but then noticed nothing similar on the other side of my neck. It's dimesized in terms of length, and feels about half a cm wide.

It's located right around the supraclavicular lymph glands. I can move it around quite easily, and it gives me no pain. Afaik no other glands are swollen. anything to worry about?

Might help to add that I've been sick for almost 20 days now, but am slowly getting over it. Ran a course of antibiotics which did shitall before the doctor concluded(more likely assumed) it was viral.

Generally (as you probably already know), lymph nodes are "nets" that capture infections, and are storage vessels for your B and T lymphocytes. What's happening to you usually occurs when you are not dieting correctly, taking too many drugs that have harmful effects on the body (amps, alcohol, coke, etc), have a "background" infection that isn't symptomatic, or not exercising regularly. If antibiotics took care of it, then I wouldn't worry about any malignant tumors or anything. :)

Yep it's probably just a swollen lymph node. It's best to get it checked out by a doctor just in case, but it's 99% likely to be nothing serious at all.

ive had the same sort of lump for almost 2 years now. ive about given up...i have lyme disease and i can't get rid of it.

wow ive had a round small lump on the right side of my neck which i can move a bit for over a year too
it doesnt bother me at all though
probably nothing to worry about %)

i have two swollen lymph nodes under my chin, had them both for over 3 years, they havent grown nor hve they ever hurt. doctor told me that it was nothing to worry bout.
but i couldnt handle it, i stressed that hard i went to 3 different doctors. they all told me it was nothing and it was okay.
so in the end i got the picture

Yeah I've got some too, asked the doctor about it when visiting for another issue and he said it's nothing to worry about. It feels sore though especially after working out traps. Also, my brother has a lot of em and he needed to get em drained. Apparently he doesn't have the immunoglobulin you would expect so he might have an immunodeficiency disorder called CVID. I'm thinking about getting tested because the lumps annoy me like hell.

I had a cyst on my neck for years that is similar to what you describe (dime size, hard, no pain). One day it started hurting and swelling up, went to a dermatologist and they cut it out in five minutes. I wouldn't worry.